Powered by the PSG USA Elite ACADEMY
High-performance, position-specific training sessions to discover a professional environment.
The Position-Specific Programs at the Paris Saint-Germain Academy USA Campus feature an introduction and a sneak peek into the future USA Elite Residency Academy programs (coming soon to the PSG Academy USA Campus). Our team of experts, including Paris Saint-Germain Academy coaches, have designed and developed plans following Paris Saint-Germain’s methodology, to help each player master important principles of soccer.
• Open to elite and talented boys and girls U8-U19
• Small training groups of goalkeepers, defenders, midfielders, and strikers.
• Train at the Paris Saint-Germain Academy USA Campus & Headquarters.
• These programs are designed as an additional resource, apart from regularly scheduled training sessions, to reach individual goals.
• Learn from highly experienced PSG USA Technical Directors & a highly rated Technical Team (PSG certified and UEFA license or US equivalent).
• Introduction and sneak peek into the Elite Residency Academy (10-month boarding program coming soon).
How you will improve
1 • SPECIALIZED TRAINING
Optimization of the technical skills required at player’s position. Players will have a better understanding of the principles of the position and will be able to adapt to numerous situations but also to react and anticipate accordingly.
2 • PROFESSIONAL PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN ACADEMY USA COACHES
Our team of Paris Saint-Germain Academy coaches and complete professional staff, many of whom played or coached at the professional level, design unique performance programs to help players reach individual goals.
3 • HOLISTIC APPROACH TO PLAYER DEVELOPMENT
Players get on the path to reach their full potential and sharpen their intelligence through specific training of cognitive functions and acquisition of individual fundamentals, focused on both technical and tactical aspects.
4 • PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN INNOVATIVE APPROACH
Raise every player’s soccer IQ through a better tactical and technical knowledge through the use of video analysis, GPS trackers, etc. Develop a better understanding and reading of the game, facilitating the decision-making process in game situations and changing context.
PROGRAMS AND PACKAGES
SHARPEN YOUR POTENTIAL, BASED ON YOUR POSITION!
3 programs, comprising each of 6 sessions for the span of 2 to 3 months, are offered to players.
All training sessions will take place on Sunday evenings, designed as an additional resource, apart from weekly training sessions with your club, in order to measure player’s progression throughout the year.
Programs are available from November to January, February to March and March to May.
Improve your understanding of the game and raise your soccer IQ by working on important soccer principles.
Every program consists of building technical skills, as well as increasing the theoretical understanding of the game (video analysis, tactical sessions, whiteboard sessions, etc.).
1. Defensive phase
2. Offensive phase
3. Defensive transitioning
4. Offensive transitioning
5. Positioning/Set pieces
6. Specific improvement
1. Technical aspects
2. Positioning in the net and the line
3. First pass in the defensive zone
4. 1v1 – strikers situation
5. Aerial plays – vision of the game and positioning on crosses
6. Handling depth and long passes from opponents
Due to the nature of the program and its intensive training sessions, it is designed for top-level athletes. That said, the first session will serve as a screening to ensure acceptance into the program.
• Raise awareness of principles & key aspects of the game.
• Establish an understanding of soccer positioning.
• Develop an defensive/offensive mentality.
• Raise player’s soccer IQ through better tactical and technical knowledge.
• Develop an understanding of principles related to each player’s position.
• Adapt to numerous situations and react and anticipate accordingly.